Issued 10:00 AM AST 25 February 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming light this afternoon then becoming east 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers ending Wednesday morning. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4530N
5955W to 4520N 5750W to 4640N 5800W to 4725N 5820W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 25 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1012 mb located over southern Georges
By 3:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 1009 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday ridge located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM AST 25 February 2020 A low pressure system is forecast to pass south of the Great Lakes
On Wednesday evening and intensity as it moves slowly toward the
Maritimes on Thursday. Winds are expected to increase to gale to
possibly storm force easterlies across most of the marine district
On Thursday ahead of the low.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: