Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 February 2024
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind south 20 knots diminishing to south 15 Thursday morning and to light Thursday evening.
Risk of freezing spray this evening.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2024 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4509N 6448W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4558N 5948W to 4615N
5923W to 4757N 6116W to 4659N 6315W to 4809N 6309W to 4848N 6136W to
4949N 5837W to 4816N 5942W to 4728N 5922W to Newfoundland near 4728N
5608W. Sea ice southwest then north of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
the coast of Prince Edward Island.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:15 PM EST 21 February 2024
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5305W to 5000N 4730W to 5100N 4735W to 5525N 5215W to 5815N
5730W to 6100N 5500W to 5645N 4505W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5112N 5850W to Newfoundland near 5014N 5729W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 February 2024 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located east of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low located south of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low located near Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM AST 21 February 2024 Strong to gale force easterly winds will develop over southern waters
Thursday between a ridge of high pressure over the Maritimes and a
low pressure system approaching from the south.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Laurentian
A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: