Issued 03:30 PM ADT 28 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 this evening then veering to northwest 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Sunday morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending overnight. Fog patches dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 28 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today warm front located from New Brunswick
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing warm front located from Anticosti
Island to the Avalon Peninsula.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to New England.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located from Newfoundland to East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM ADT 28 May 2022 A warm front extending from New Brunswick to Laurentian Fan will
track northeastward tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
ahead of the front shift to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: