Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 near midnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Fog patches dissipating late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary high located east of
the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight intensifying low 974 mb located over
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing low 962 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM ADT 30 September 2020 Strong to gale force southerly winds ahead of an intensifying low
pressure tracking across Labrador will shift to the southwest and
diminish later tonight as the low pulls away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: