Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots Wednesday evening.
Flurries overnight and Wednesday morning.
Low tonight minus 8. High Wednesday zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5020N 5805W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Maritimes.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 1010 mb located south of the
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low 1010 mb located south of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:09 PM AST 21 January 2020 A high pressure system will continue to build over the Maritimes
tonight. Moderate to strong northwesterlies will gradually diminish
over northern waters this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: