Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 May 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to light near midnight then becoming southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 May 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low located northeast of Anticosti Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low located northeast of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the Great Lakes.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM ADT 21 May 2018 A low pressure system northeast of Anticosti Island is forecast to
track eastward to lie over Newfoundland this evening. Strong westerly
winds will increase to gale force behind the associated trough.
Gale force northwesterlies are forecast to weaken tonight for Gulf
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
northeastern half of Gulf-Magdalen and the southwestern half of
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: