Issued 03:30 PM ADT 15 August 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwesterly 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 early Thursday morning then becoming northerly 15 Thursday evening.
A few showers ending near noon Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening. Fog patches dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 15 August 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Labrador Sea to the
St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Nova Scotia.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located over the southern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 PM ADT 15 August 2018 At 12:00 P.M. ADT, subtropical storm Ernesto center was located near
latitude 38.1 north and longitude 46.0 west. The maximum sustained
winds were 35 knots and minimum central pressure was 1008 millibars.
Ernesto is moving northward at about 7 knots.
Ernesto not expected to have any impacts on the marine district and
is forecast to accelerate northeastward on Thursday.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: