Issued 03:00 AM ADT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to easterly 10 to 15 knots near noon and to east 15 to 20 overnight. Wind backing to northeast 25 near noon Monday.
Showers beginning overnight becoming flurries or showers Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4440N 6020W
to 4520N 5900W to 4600N 5835W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near
4710N 5525W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 999 mb located over the southern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 1002 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from New Brunswick to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located from Labrador to Sable Island.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight approaching low 1006 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:58 AM ADT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will slowly move
southeastward today. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over
eastern portions of Laurentian Fan and Banquereau overnight are
expected to diminish throughout the forecast period.
Meanwhile, a low pressure system will approach the district from the
southwest Sunday night. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds are
expected ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank - northern half, Banquereau -
eastern half and Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: