Issued 08:00 PM AST 04 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 20 knots backing to northerly 15 late this evening. Wind northerly 15 Tuesday.
Showers or flurries ending Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4812N 6906W to 4801N 6928W
to 4746N 6943W then southeastward. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5003N 6644W to 4959N
6144W to 5001N 5952W to 5125N 5737W to Quebec near 5125N 5737W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 4 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough from 990 mb low located over the
Grand Banks extending westward.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing trough located over the Grand
Banks extending eastward.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM AST 4 December 2023 A low pressure system over the Grand Banks will continue east
tonight. A trough extends westward from the low. Strong to gale force
westerlies will continue tonight in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: