Issued 03:00 AM AST 23 January 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southwesterly 20 knots this morning then veering to northwesterly 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to light Monday afternoon.
Scattered flurries ending after midnight.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 6 Monday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 985 mb located south of
At 3:30 p.m. AST Monday low 1003 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located from Newfoundland to East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM AST 23 January 2022 A deep low pressure system south of Laurentian Fan will move away
from the district this morning. Gale force northeasterlies north of
the low will diminish this morning. A second low pressure system will
move over Laurentian Fan Monday afternoon giving strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - southeastern half, and Laurentian Fan.
A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti - northwestern
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: