Issued 08:00 PM ADT 25 September 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 knots increasing to south 20 late this evening. Wind south 20 Monday.
Showers overnight and Monday with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 8:00 PM ADT 25 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 25 September 2022 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over eastern Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday trough located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:41 PM ADT 25 September 2022 A trough of low pressure approaching from the west will make its
Way across the marine district tonight to lie over Anticosti Island
Monday evening. Moderate to strong southerlies ahead of the trough
will become strong to gale force southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank and west scotia slope.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: