Issued 03:00 AM ADT 16 October 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 10 to 15 knots this morning and to south 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to south 20 to 25 this evening and to south 30 overnight. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 Sunday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches Sunday with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 03:00 AM ADT 16 October 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 16 October 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM ADT 16 October 2021 A trough of low pressure will cross the marine district west to east
on Sunday into Monday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
develop ahead of it beginning tonight.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Magdalen - western half and Anticosti - western half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: