Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 March 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 20 this afternoon and to northeast 30 this evening. Wind northeast 30 Sunday.
A few flurries beginning this evening and ending Sunday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4540N 5915W
to 4730N 6000W to 4715N 5905W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 March 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1002 mb located south of the Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 992 mb located southeast of Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over northern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 24 March 2018 A ridge of high pressure will slowly approach the Maritimes today and
Sunday from the northwest. Meanwhile a low pressure system will pass
south of the marine district. Between these two features strong to
gale force northeasterly winds are expected.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Additionally, freezing spray warnings are in effect for
Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: