Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 September 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southerly 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight high 1038 mb located over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday high 1038 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM ADT 24 September 2018 A cool northerly flow will bring a risk of waterspouts over the
southeastern half of Gulf Magdalen this evening.
Tropical cyclone information: as of 6:00 P.M. ADT subtropical storm
Leslie was located in the central Atlantic near 33.0 north 47.2 west.
Leslie has maximum sustained winds of 35 knots and is currently
moving toward the east at 6 knots. Leslie is expected to meander over
the central Atlantic Ocean over the next several days as it gradually
transitions to a large post-tropical cyclone. Leslie not expected to
have any impact on Canadian territory.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: