Issued 03:00 AM ADT 12 April 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots backing to north 25 near midnight. Wind north 25 Tuesday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 11 April 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4544N 6242W to 4631N
6147W to 4643N 6336W to Quebec near 4845N 6410W. Sea ice west and
south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5005N 6146W to 4954N
6000W to 5107N 5741W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5732W. Sea ice east
and north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 12 April 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1000 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday intensifying low 991 mb located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 989 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 12 April 2021 A low pressure system over Laurentian Fan will move to lie southeast
of the marine district this afternoon. The low will then intensify
tonight and Tuesday and then move back into Laurentian Fan Tuesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force northerlies or northeasterlies
prevail north and west of the low over most waters. As the low moves
back into Laurentian Fan Tuesday afternoon, these winds are forecast
to reach storm force over Banquereau.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Banquereau. Gale warnings are in effect eastern shore - eastern half,
Sable - eastern half, East Scotian Slope, Laurentian Fan - western
half, Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen and Anticosti - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: