Issued 03:30 PM ADT 25 June 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to north 15 near midnight and to light early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 near noon Tuesday and to southwest 20 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 3:30 PM ADT 25 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 25 June 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today deepening low 1002 mb located near Sable
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 990 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM ADT 25 June 2018 A low pressure system near Sable Island will slowly track eastward
across Banquereau tonight and Tuesday morning before moving away from
the dsitrict later on Tuesday. Strong to gale force northeasterly
winds will develop north of the low while strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected behind it. Westerly gales developing
south of the low on Tuesday could be close to storm force at times.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half
and Gulf-Magdalen - southeastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: