Issued 08:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing cold front located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line east-west over the Quebec Lower North Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM ADT 16 June 2021 A cold front located over the southeastern portion of the marine
district will track eastward away from the region tonight. Strong to
gale force southerly winds ahead of the front will diminish in its
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: