Issued 03:30 PM AST 19 February 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 after midnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Tuesday morning.
A few showers beginning late this evening changing to rain early Tuesday morning. Fog banks forming late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4530N
5750W to 4700N 5750W to 4715N 5655W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 19 February 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to East
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located from the Avalon
Peninsula to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday trough located over the Gulf of
By 3:30 p.m. AST Tuesday trough located from Grand Manan to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 PM AST 19 February 2018 A trough of low pressure descending from Labrador will move to lie
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence by Tuesday morning. Over open water
freezing spray for eastern sections of Anticosti is expected to
develop Tuesday afternoon as moderate northeasterlies develop in the
wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: