Issued 08:00 PM AST 22 January 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southwesterly 15 knots early Sunday morning and to southwesterly 20 late Sunday morning. Wind veering to northwest 20 Sunday evening.
Flurries Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to zero Sunday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 22 January 2022 Tonight and Sunday By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 993 mb located south of
East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday low 984 mb located over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM AST 22 January 2022 A deepening low will track south of the marine district tonight and
east of Laurentian Fan early Sunday morning. Strong to gale force
easterlies will become gale force northerlies behind the low over
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - southern half, Banquereau - southeastern half,
and Laurentian Fan.
A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti - northwestern
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: