Issued 03:00 AM AST 07 December 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 this morning then veering to southwest 20 near midnight. Wind veering to northwest 15 Thursday morning then increasing to northwest 25 near noon Thursday.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Thursday morning. Fog patches forming near noon and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 December 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 7 December 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to the Gulf
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Newfoundland to
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM AST 7 December 2022 A slow moving trough of low pressure will track eastward from New
England tonight to lie over the central marine district by Thursday
evening then stall into Friday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will increase ahead of the trough tonight and into Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half and Anticosti - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: