Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 October 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 10 to 15 knots Tuesday morning and to northeast 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon. Wind veering to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 October 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located from Quebec
to the Maritimes.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1004 mb located south of Long Island.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary low 1007 mb located
southwest of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 21 October 2019 The remnants of post-tropical cyclone Nestor will track slowly
northeastward to lie southwest of Georges Bank by this afternoon,
where it will stall and gradually weaken. The system will be absorbed
into a trough of low pressure moving in from the west on Wednesday.
Strong easterlies will reach Georges Bank this afternoon, then
gradually spread northward over the western marine regions on
Tuesday. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds will continue
eastward over the rest of the marine district on Wednesday as the
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: