Issued 10:00 AM AST 19 November 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northerly 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northeast 15 early Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 19 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 993 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 996 mb located over
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 1007 mb located east of
By 3:30 p.m. AST Wednesday low 995 mb located over West Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:00 AM AST 19 November 2019 A low pressure system over the Cabot Strait will track northeastward
throughout the day and move over Newfoundland this evening. Strong to
gale force easterlies will shift to strong to gale force
southwesterlies in its wake.
A second low pressure system will develop near Cape Hatteras tonight
and move northward to lie over the slope waters on Wednesday.
This storm will bring gale force northeasterlies to the southern
marine waters on Wednesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait - northern half, and Gulf-Magdalen.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: