Issued 08:00 PM AST 20 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 15 knots tonight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 1 falling to minus 10 overnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths new ice in the extreme northeastern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 20 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 1007 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight cold front located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday departing cold front located over
At 3:30 p.m. AST Friday building ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM AST 20 January 2022 Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher,
southwestern shore, eastern shore - western half, Gulf - Magdalen,
Chaleur - Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: