Issued 10:00 AM ADT 20 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwesterly 25 knots diminishing to west 15 near midnight and to light late overnight. Wind becoming southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 4 near midnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 20 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 this morning and to 1 or less late overnight.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 20 March 2023
Wednesday Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots.
Friday Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 5000N 5845W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Freezing spray warning ended
FundyIssued 10:00 AM ADT 20 March 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 972 mb located north of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 982 mb located east of
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 AM ADT 20 March 2023 A low pressure system north of Newfoundland will slowly move
southeastward today and tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will
persist over the district today. Winds will gradually diminish from
west to east overnight tonight and Tuesday as the low moves farther
east of Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen,
Chaleur - Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: