Issued 08:00 PM ADT 30 March 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 30 late this evening then backing to north 20 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 March 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating ridge located over New
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1002 mb located south of Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system just south of Georges Bank this evening will
move slowly to lie south of East Scotian Slope by Tuesday evening.
Strong to gale force east to northeast winds are expected ahead
And north of the low. Also over the southeastern half of
Anticosti marine region strong to gale force northeast winds
Are expected to develop overnight tonight and continue through
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope and
Anticosti - southeastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: