Issued 08:00 PM AST 16 November 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 knots veering to north 10 to 15 late overnight then diminishing to light late Sunday morning.
Low tonight minus 3. High Sunday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 November 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4555N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 16 November 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located over the eastern Grand
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing trough located east of the
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday approaching low 998 mb located off Cape
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM AST 16 November 2019 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will continue in the wake of a
trough departing the region tonight. Winds will diminish over most
waters late overnight and Sunday as a ridge of high pressure builds
over the Maritimes.
Late on Sunday, a low pressure system near Cape Hatteras will begin
to move up the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Strong to gale force easterlies
will develop Sunday afternoon and evening over southwestern waters as
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable,
East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou, and
Marine interests are also advised that all freezing spray warnings
have been ended.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: