Issued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots this afternoon then becoming variable 10 to 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light Friday morning then becoming southerly 10 to 15 Friday evening.
A few showers and fog patches ending after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the central Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:02 AM ADT 16 August 2018 At 5:00 A.M. ADT, subtropical storm Ernesto center was located near
latitude 40.8 north and longitude 44.1 west. The maximum sustained
winds were 35 knots and minimum central pressure was 1008 millibars.
Ernesto is moving north-northeast at approximately 11 knots.
Ernesto is not expected to have any impacts on the marine district
and is forecast to accelerate northeastward today.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: