Issued 03:00 AM AST 17 January 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots near noon then backing to northeasterly 20 early this evening. Wind backing to northwest 15 overnight. Wind northwest 15 Thursday.
Snow today and tonight. A few flurries Thursday morning and afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 1 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4555N
5935W to 4645N 5955W to 4725N 5910W to 4805N 6155W to 4840N 6145W.
Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4840N 6145W to 4910N 6125W to 4945N
6155W to 4950N 5840W to 4825N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4800N
5915W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths grey ice along parts of the coast and in
the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located from Labrador to
the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1018 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday low 996 mb located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM AST 17 January 2018 A low pressure system will develop along the New England coast this
afternoon and is now expected to track along Nova Scotia to lie over
Western Newfoundland by Thursday afternoon. As a result, strong to
gale force southeasterlies are expected ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southwestern shore and eastern shore.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: