Issued 10:00 AM AST 21 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots Wednesday evening.
Flurries overnight and Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to zero Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5020N 5805W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice in northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low located northeast of
At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the Great Lakes.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:35 AM AST 21 January 2020 A low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward today. Strong northwesterly winds will gradually
diminish through the day.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Banquereau - northern half,
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: