Issued 08:00 PM AST 03 March 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to west 20 late overnight. Wind west 20 Thursday.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4651N 6018W to 4701N 6014W
to 4801N 6117W to 4801N 6258W to 5043N 5746W to Newfoundland near
4838N 5906W. Sea ice southwest then northwest then east of the ice
Open water except 1 tenth grey ice in the extreme eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 3 March 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 976 mb located over the Strait of
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 968 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:55 PM AST 3 March 2021 A low pressure system over the Strait of Belle Isle will merge with a
second low over Southern Labrador this evening and will then meander
around Southern Labrador throughout the day on Thursday. Gale to
possibly storm force northwesterlies are expected to diminish
slightly today as the low pulls away from the region. Strong to gale
force westerlies will continue through the remainder of the forecast
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian Slope,
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou, and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, Northumberland Strait, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: