Issued 08:00 PM AST 27 January 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 to 20 knots Saturday morning then veering to southwest 25 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures zero rising to plus 5 Saturday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4542N 6218W to Prince
Edward Island near 4559N 6231W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4658N 6157W to 4713N 6215W to 4753N
6129W to 4738N 6105W to 4658N 6157W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4628N 6240W
to 4730N 6430W to 4905N 6319W to 4853N 6138W to 4948N 6050W to 5106N
5732W to Newfoundland near 4925N 5813W. Sea ice west then east of
the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 27 January 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located east of Banquereau.
At 3:30 p.m. AST Saturday approaching trough located from Quebec
to New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:35 PM AST 27 January 2023 Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: