Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots this afternoon and locally gusts to 25 along the coast. Wind becoming northwest 15 near midnight then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today weakening trough located over Banquereau.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today weakening low 1003 mb located over central
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday trough located on a line east-west over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 AM ADT 23 August 2019 A low pressure system over Banquereau will track northeastward to
exit the marine district early this afternoon. Strong southwesterly
winds are forecast near this feature.
Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been
At 06:00 AM ADT, tropical depression Chantal was located near
37.1 north 40.9 west. Maximum sustained winds were 26 knots.
Chantal was moving southeastward at 7 knots, with a central pressure
of 1010 MB.
Chantal is not expected to pose a threat to the Atlantic Canada
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: