Issued 08:00 PM ADT 06 April 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwesterly 10 to 15 late overnight and to light near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 April 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6005W to 4610N
5855W to 4745N 6120W to the Gaspe Peninsula near 4845N 6405W. Sea
ice south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4925N 6725W to Anticosti
Island near 4955N 6420W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Anticosti Island near 4915N 6200W to
4730N 5920W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 6 April 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Newfoundland to East
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:34 PM ADT 6 April 2020 A trough of low pressure approaching the eastern marine district will
move to lie southeast of the district by Tuesday morning.
Moderate to strong southwesterlies ahead of the trough will veer to
moderate to strong westerlies in its wake, with winds reaching gale
force at times over Anticosti this evening.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: