Issued 10:00 AM AST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 20 to 25 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon then veering to north 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind north 15 to 20 Tuesday.
Showers or flurries beginning near midnight becoming flurries overnight and ending Tuesday morning.
Temperatures plus 4 falling to minus 3 Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 991 mb located near Chaleur Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 994 mb located near
At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located east of Laurentian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM AST 27 January 2020 An area of low pressure near the Bay of Chaleur will move slowly
southeastward across the Gulf of St. Lawrence today and tonight, then
weaken to a trough by Tuesday evening.
Over northern waters, winds will increase to strong to gale force
northeasterlies to the north and west of the low today, then
gradually diminish late in the day on Tuesday as it moves off.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - western half,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: