Cornwall to Montréal
Issued 03:00 AM EST 18 December 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 25 knots Tuesday morning and to southwest 25 to 35 near noon Tuesday. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of light snow changing to snow overnight with risk of freezing rain then to a few showers near noon Tuesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
High today minus 9. Temperatures near minus 6 tonight. High Tuesday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Warnings (In effect)
Cornwall to MontréalIssued 03:00 AM EST 18 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 18 December 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today weakening ridge located near Trois-Rivières.
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Rimouski.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: