Cornwall to Montréal
Issued 08:42 AM EDT 15 August 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Squall watch in effect.
Wind light becoming southwest 10 to 15 knots late this morning with gusts to 40 near thunderstorms. Wind becoming westerly 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind light Thursday.
A few showers ending early this evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Cornwall to MontréalIssued 08:46 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Conditions are favourable for the development of squalls with wind gusts up to 40 knots and frequent lightning.
Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway. Consider delaying or postponing travel in areas under the Squall Watch.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today cold front located from Labrador to Lake
Saint-Jean then to Lake Huron.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing cold front located from Anticosti
Island to Cornwall.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday ridge located from Labrador to New
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: