Issued 03:30 PM AST 16 November 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 25 knots veering to north 15 to 20 late this evening then to northeast 15 late overnight. Wind veering to east 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon then increasing to east 30 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 November 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4555N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5100N 5200W to 5045N 4730W to 5200N 4630W to
5530N 5400W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 16 November 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located east of the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday approaching low 998 mb located off Cape
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday building ridge located over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:05 PM AST 16 November 2019 Gale to storm force westerlies will continue in the wake of a trough
departing the region this evening. Winds will diminish over most
waters tonight and Sunday as a ridge of high pressure builds over the
Late on Sunday, a low pressure system near Cape Hatteras will begin
to move up the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Strong to gale force easterlies
will develop Sunday afternoon and evening over southwestern waters as
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Georges
Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable -
eastern half, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian
Fan, Cabot Strait - southern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: