Issued 03:00 AM AST 07 December 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 knots veering to southwesterly 20 late this evening then increasing to northerly 25 near noon Thursday.
Rain and fog patches this afternoon tonight and Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 December 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:32 PM EST 6 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5815N 5515W to
6000N 5300W to 5800N 4620W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 7 December 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Newfoundland to
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM AST 7 December 2022 A slow moving trough of low pressure will track eastward from New
England tonight to lie over the central marine district by Thursday
evening then stall into Friday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will increase ahead of the trough tonight and into Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half and Anticosti - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: