Issued 03:30 PM ADT 18 October 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Tuesday morning.
Scattered showers tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5444W to 5426N 5233W to 5800N 5659W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 October 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located from Anticosti Island
to Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing cold front located from Anticosti
Island to Banquereau.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Georges Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough located over East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM ADT 18 October 2021 A cold front extending from Anticosti Island to Laurentian Fan will
sweep northeast to lie east-west over Anticosti Island on Tuesday
morning. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the front will
gradually diminish this afternoon and evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half and Cabot Strait - northern half.
Waterspouts are possible this afternoon or this evening for Georges
Bank and West Scotian Slope. They are expected to expand eastward
into East Scotian Slope on Tuesday. They may produce intense and
highly variable wind gusts.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: