Issued 03:30 PM AST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots this evening then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers or flurries overnight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to plus 6 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4812N 6145W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5055N 4940W to 5220N 4750W to 5605N 5325W to
5930N 5625W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located from Georges Bank to the
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday cold front located from Maine to the Quebec
Lower North Shore.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday cold front located from the Gulf of Maine
to the Strait of Belle Isle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM AST 27 January 2022 A cold frontal trough will move into the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight
into Thursday. This will give strong to gale force southwesterlies
for the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - southeastern half. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Fundy, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: