Issued 08:00 PM ADT 25 April 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 30 late overnight then veering to southwest 20 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain beginning near midnight and ending Thursday afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4610N 5950W to 4640N
5930W to 4840N 6115W to 5010N 5845W to 4755N 5940W to 4650N 5840W to
Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4717N 5248W to 4515N 4700W to 4530N 4600W to 4630N 4430W to 4845N
4500W to 5015N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5913W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5745W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 25 April 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located east of the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1001 mb located southwest of New
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday intensifying low 994 mb located north
of New Brunswick.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM ADT 25 April 2018 A low pressure system will track from southwest of New England this
evening to lie over Northwestern New Brunswick Thursday evening.
Southeasterly winds are forecast near 30 knots for the entire marine
district on Thursday. These winds are currently forecast to remain
below gale force. However, should this system intensify more than
expected at this time, gale warnings may need to be issued tonight.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: