Issued 08:00 PM ADT 09 May 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Monday morning. Wind becoming light Monday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5210N 4940W to 5525N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 May estimated from Quebec near
5038N 5927W to Newfoundland near 5004N 5738W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 9 May 2021 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 990 mb located over western
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday departing low 993 mb located over
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:37 PM ADT 9 May 2021 A low pressure system over Western Newfoundland will track to the
northeast tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will continue to
diminish tonight as the low pulls away from the region.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half and Cabot Strait - northern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: