Issued 08:00 PM AST 22 February 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming southwest 15 Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 22 February 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday weakening trough located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM AST 22 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: