Issued 10:00 AM AST 08 February 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 25 knots veering to northwest 30 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 15 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to light near noon Thursday then becoming southeast 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:08 PM EST 7 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5631W to 4930N 4900W to 5135N 4720W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low 990 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located west of the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located over Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM AST 8 February 2023 A trough over Quebec will make its way across the Maritimes today to
lie east of the marine district tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected behind the trough. Winds will diminish
over southwestern waters on Thursday as a ridge approaches the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, and Anticosti - southwestern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Fourchu,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur -
Miscou and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: