Issued 10:00 AM ADT 17 April 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwesterly 20 to 25 late this afternoon then backing to westerly 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5017N 5953W to 5052N 5816W to
Newfoundland near 5042N 5725W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 10:11 AM EDT 17 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4736N 5241W to 4800N 5135W to 5250N 5025W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5800W to 6050N 5315W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5018N 5732W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 996 mb located west of Browns Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 998 mb located over LaHave Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 996 mb located near Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 AM ADT 17 April 2021 A slow moving low pressure system currently west of Browns Bank will
move to lie over LaHave Bank this evening then eventually near Cape
Breton Island Sunday evening. Strong to gale force easterly winds
ahead of the low will diminish today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, and Fourchu.
Outlook for the start-up of the eastern shore lobster fishery...
Monday...Winds westerly 20 knots. Sea state near 2 metres.
Tuesday...Winds westerly 15 to 20 knots. Sea state 1 to 2 metres.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: