Issued 03:30 PM ADT 07 October 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 20 knots veering to southerly 20 to 25 late overnight then becoming northwest 20 near noon Saturday with gusts to 30 in the Honguedo Strait.
Showers. Fog patches dissipating near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 7 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5122N 5531W to 5200N 5200W to 5330N 5000W to 5500N 5045W to 5845N
5545W to 6035N 5145W to 5905N 4820W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 3:30 PM ADT 07 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 7 October 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Sable Island to the
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing trough located on a line
east-west over southern Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located from Newfoundland to West
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: