Issued 10:00 AM ADT 16 September 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to west 15 early this evening then backing to southwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5237N 5546W to 5300N 5430W to 5515N 5230W to 5800N 5700W to
6240N 6015W to 6310N 5640W to 5850N 5155W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
AnticostiIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 September 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located from the Grand Banks to
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the eastern Marine
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: