Issued 05:30 AM EST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 Monday afternoon.
Periods of snow this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5438N 7946W to 5745N 9130W
to 6015N 9345W to 6302N 8834W to 6155N 8330W to 6415N 7600W to
Baffin Island near 6326N 7207W. Sea ice southwest then north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 6229N 7742W to 6230N
8000W to 6145N 8045W to 6000N 7800W to 5845N 7930W to 5715N 7730W to
Quebec near 5522N 7739W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5937N 6528W to 5840N 6730W
to 5930N 6915W to Quebec near 6048N 6922W. Sea ice south of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
West FoxeIssued 05:30 AM EST 28 November 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday low 985 mb located over northern Labrador.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday deepening low 991 mb located at 64N 57W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: