Ungava - eastern half
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 20 May 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots late this evening and to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to south 45 late Saturday morning.
Rain beginning near midnight changing to showers Saturday morning and ending Saturday afternoon.
Low tonight minus 2. High Saturday plus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure developing Saturday afternoon in the pack ice in the
Warnings (In effect)
Ungava - eastern halfIssued 5:30 PM EDT 20 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
UngavaIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 May 2022
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 22 December 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday departing low 991 mb located at 68N 81W.
By 0000 UTC Friday high 1026 mb located at 70N 74W.
At 0000 UTC Friday warm front from 969 mb low located from 55N
57W to 64N 58W.These are the last forecasts for the season.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: