Puvirnituq - southern half
Issued 05:00 PM CDT 21 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to south 20 late this evening. Wind increasing to south 25 early Wednesday morning then diminishing to south 15 late Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain overnight. Rain beginning late Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 6215N 7810W to 6215N 7910W
to 6045N 7940W to Quebec near 6025N 7745W. Sea ice east of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Southampton Island near 6435N 8155W
to Baffin Island near 6450N 7810W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 6610N 8440W to
Southampton Island near 6555N 8530W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Open water except 3 tenths first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Unusual presence of sea ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
PuvirnituqIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 21 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday dissipating low 997 mb located at 65N 60W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday deepening low 1002 mb located at 65N 85W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday deepening low 991 mb located at 65N 82W.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: