Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 17 June 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 June 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5802N 5939W to 5825N 5904W to 6024N
6018W to 6058N 6158W to 6135N 6203W to 6140N 6055W to 6352N 5755W
then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme southwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5010N 5400W to 5450N 5200W to 5600N 5200W to 5900N
5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4840W to 5815N 4815W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5727W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 17 June 2021 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1000 mb located over the Quebec Lower
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: