Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 15 August 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 this evening then backing to south 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
A few showers ending Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Hall Peninsula near 6240N 6455W to
6235N 6025W to 6350N 5715W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Second ice edge estimated from 7115N 6205W to 7210N 6730W to 7300N
6530W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 15 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4530N 4515W to 4700N 4515W to 5100N
4800W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 15 August 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over the South Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 993 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday approaching ridge located over northern
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: