Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 June 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to south 15 Friday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Showers or flurries and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 June 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5830W to 6140N 5935W to 6340N 5755W
then northeastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 3 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4515W to 4800N
4445W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 June 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 996 mb located over the northeastern
East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday departing low 996 mb located north of the
East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located over the North
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: