Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 28 May 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Flurries ending Friday morning. Periods of snow Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 May 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 5945N 5900W to 6050N 6025W to
6050N 5920W to 6400N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice west then
north then west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice except 4 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 27 May 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4525N 5350W to 4420N 4700W to 4610N 4345W to 4725N
4340W to 5100N 4620W to 5500N 5000W to 6100N 5900W to 6245N 5600W to
5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 5954W to Newfoundland near 4920N 5806W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 28 May 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the North Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over Lake Melville.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located over western
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: