Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 19 October 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 Saturday morning and to light Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 October 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6930N 6715W to 7230N
6505W to 7330N 6710W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5100N 5400W to 5200N 5100W to 5430N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 19 October 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the Northwest Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching low 982 mb located over
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: