North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 19 May 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light Friday morning then becoming southeast 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Fog patches dissipating early Friday morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 May 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5124N 5747W to
Newfoundland near 5045N 5713W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5047N 5602W to
5106N 5335W to 5611N 5502W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the southern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 19 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4541N 5338W to 4541N 4842W to 4801N 4748W to 5100N
4800W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 19 May 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday departing low 1000 mb located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: